- Ar kada susimąstėte, kas nulemia tai, kad iš Lietuvos galime labai greitai susisiekti su artimaisiais Australijoje, prisijungti prie savo elektroninio pašto kruiziniame laive, atostogaudami už jūrų […]
- Dne 21. července vydala organizace FSSC verzi 4.1 certifikačního schématu FSSC. Kvůli připomínkám a zlepšením ze strany zúčastněných stran, včetně dalšího benchmarkingu s GFSI BR 7.1 […]
- Le tourisme étant l’un des plus importants secteurs économiques du monde, il nous touche pratiquement tous. Non seulement il représente actuellement 7 % des exportations mondiales […]
ISO 14001:2009 Environmental Management System
With the alarm of global warming and its consequence the human society has become serious about the ecology and its preservation. ISO 14001 EMS helps to maintain the Environment around us, by following certain management standards. Companies adopting ISO 14001 EMS are well placed against their competitors and are duly recognized at the global level.
ISO 14001 standard provides guidance on how to consider multiple aspects of your business procurement, storage, distribution, product development, manufacturing, etc.- so that it reduces its impact on the environment. It also drives you to evaluate how you manage emergency response, customer expectations, stakeholders and your relationships with your local community.
Depending on how your organization operates today, this may not require a lot of change beyond documenting what and how you do or it may mean a number of changes that can result in a more efficient business, cost or waste reductions and give stakeholders peace of mind.
Environmental regulations are getting stricter, and so is the law enforcement. Customers and shareholders increasingly demand that businesses diminish the environmental impact from their business, demonstrate what they do, and how they improve. An Environmental Management System helps your organization to be in control of and successfully manage the most significant environmental aspects, e.g. emissions, waste-handling, utilize natural resources, and energy-efficiency.
An ISO 14001 implementation and certification proves that your Environmental Management System has been measured against a best practice standard and found compliant.
Benefits of ISO 14001
- Improved environmental performance led by top management commitment
- Cost savings can be achieved through improved efficiencies in energy and water usage and through waste minimisation
- Reduced risk of pollution incidents and other releases to the environment and therefore avoidance of unnecessary clean up costs and/or enforcement action by regulatory bodies
- Compliance with legislation through the identification of new legislation in adequate time to address appropriate issues
- Reduced risk of non-compliance with legislation and subsequent costs/prosecution
- Improved brand image as customers will see an organisation that is in control of its impact on the environment
- Improved business focus and communication of environmental issues
- Improved profitability through costs reductions and improved customer satisfaction