- Ar kada susimąstėte, kas nulemia tai, kad iš Lietuvos galime labai greitai susisiekti su artimaisiais Australijoje, prisijungti prie savo elektroninio pašto kruiziniame laive, atostogaudami už jūrų […]
- Dne 21. července vydala organizace FSSC verzi 4.1 certifikačního schématu FSSC. Kvůli připomínkám a zlepšením ze strany zúčastněných stran, včetně dalšího benchmarkingu s GFSI BR 7.1 […]
- Le tourisme étant l’un des plus importants secteurs économiques du monde, il nous touche pratiquement tous. Non seulement il représente actuellement 7 % des exportations mondiales […]
ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System
ISO 14001 is the international standard that specifies requirements for an effective environmental management system (EMS). It provides a framework that an organization can follow, rather than establishing environmental performance requirements.
The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) normally reviews standards every five years to ensure that they are relevant to changing market demands. The publication of ISO 14001:2015 was published on 15 September 2015.
What Does ISO 14001:2015 Mean For My Organization?
Organizations have three years from publication (15 September 2015) to successfully complete transition to the new standard, so they can choose to transition at any point within this period.
Some may choose their next certification cycle, although many will want to be ‘among the first’ given the increased flexibility and value that ISO 14001:2015 will deliver, along with the bonus of a clear commitment to best practice being demonstrated to their interested parties.
Who Should Use The ISO 14001:2015 Revision?
ISO 14001:2015 should be used by any organization that wishes to set up, improve, or maintain an environmental management system to conform with its established environmental policy and requirements. The requirements of the standard can be incorporated into any environmental management system, the extent to which is determined by several factors including the organization’s industry, environmental policy, products and service offerings, and location.
ISO 14001:2015 is relevant to all organizations, regardless of size, location, sector, or industry.
What Topics Does ISO 14001:2015 Cover?
At the highest level, ISO 14001:2015 covers the following topics with regard to environmental management systems:
- Context of the organization
- Performance evaluation
What Are The Benefits Of ISO 14001:2015?
Using ISO 14001:2015 has many benefits for organizations with environmental management systems. Organizations and companies find that using the standard helps them:
- Improve resource efficiency
- Reduce waste
- Drive down costs
- Provide assurance that environmental impact is being measured
- Gain competitive advantage in supply chain design
- Increase new business opportunities
- Meet legal obligations
- Increase stakeholder and customer trust
- Improve overall environmental impact
- Manage environmental obligations with consistency