Coronavirus disease (COVID-19), an outbreak that caused a global shift in the way we work, socialise, communicate and commute.
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus. The virus that causes COVID-19 is mainly transmitted through droplets generated when an infected person coughs, sneezes, or exhales. These droplets are too heavy to hang in the air, and quickly fall on floors or surfaces. You can be infected by breathing in the virus if you are within close proximity of someone who has COVID-19, or by touching a contaminated surface and then your eyes, nose or mouth.
What is Covid S.A.F.E?
The scale of events since the start of the pandemic has made consumers, organizations, employees and governments demand strict steps and measures that will shield individuals from infection and the further spread of the virus. Covid S.A.F.E (Safety Assessment For Enterprises) is an assessment designed to fit all industries and premises where employees, suppliers and customers come in interaction with each other. The aim of this assessment is to ensure that the organization has taken all necessary actions towards minimizing the risk of the virus infecting all parties involved in their daily interactions through the implementation of international guidelines and local regulations. This assessment is made up of six areas of evaluation:
- Employees- this area checks if employees are screened, trained and provided with the necessary personal protective equipment.
- Incident Management- this area is related with evaluating what procedures, resources and arrangements have been made by the organization to help them to attend and transfer anyone who shows signs of infection in order to reduce the possibility of further infections.
- Customers- here the organization demonstrates their implementation of safe distance between customers, awareness material for their customers, and maintaining the maximum number of visitors permitted.
- Facilities- in this area of the assessment the organization demonstrates how they disinfect, shield and manage their physical assets in order to ensure that contamination is prevented through the use of the facilities.
- Transportation & Supplies- here the organization demonstrates the safe measures taken in the transportation of people and supplies in order to minimize the risk of infection through the activities of transporting people and supplies.
- Legal Requirements- finally the organization demonstrates their compliance to all legal and regulatory requirements defined by the government related to their industry and activities. How will it help my business? RoyalCert being in the field of providing assurance services, we have designed an assessment that can help you demonstrate that you have implemented a holistic system that will best protect your employees, customers and suppliers in an effective and efficient manner through compliance to guidelines and regulation. By doing so you can grant your customers the piece of mind they need to visit your premises and at the same time ensuring the health of your employees and suppliers.